Articles and Information About Mastiffs
Above, the same female mastiff pictured at 1, 2, and 3 years of age.
Am.Can.Ch. Monroe's Queen Antigone, TT,CGC,TDI
"Annie" is loved and missed by Linda Monroe.
This page contains information about Mastiffs primarily written
by Mastiff breeders. There is information about Mastiff
the AKC standard,
links to other web sites about Mastiffs,
and detailed information, including pictures, for
over 200 Mastiff stud dogs of the
This information comes from the
Mastiff Stud Dog Register,
The Mastiff Reporter,
and other articles written by breeders.
- Mastiffs DNA Tested Clear of PRA This information is now in the OFA database.
- PRA DNA Testing Clinics
- Canine Eye Registration Foundation.
Eye care for your dog
- OptiGen Testing for Canine Multi-focal Retinopathy (CMR) in Mastiffs (retinal folds)
- CMR in Mastiffs is an autosomal recessive disease, so the gene mutation is
inherited from both sire and dam. By utilizing OptiGen's CMR DNA
test and following their breeding recommendations, breeders can use dogs in their
breeding program regardless of the dogs' CMR genetic status and at the same time work
to eliminate the disease from the Mastiff gene pool.
- Mastiff Rescue
- Health Problems Found in Mastiffs
- Health Certificates updated 4/2004
- List of veterinarians who can x-ray for OFA without anesthesia. Updated 5/2012
- Articles About Mastiffs Written By Breeders Updated: 2/5/98
- Mastiff Stud Dog Register Sorted by Country/State
- Online Registration Form
- PLEASE NOTE: most of the information about each stud dog
is provided by the dog's owner and is not verified. Much of the
data provided is subjective and is based on the owner's experience
and unique perspective.
This section contains a list of mastiff stud dogs ordered
by the country and state that the owner lives in. There is a hypertext
link to a detailed page for each dog.
In the three-generation pedigrees, dogs' names in bold
have OFA clear hips and dogs' names that are in italics
have OFA clear elbows. Published offspring and siblings appear
in an AKC Stud Book, AWARDS, OFA list, and/or CERF list.
- Mastiff Stud Dog Archive Sorted by Registered Name
- This section contains detailed information about male mastiffs
that have sired a litter, but are no longer available as studs
or whose availability is unknown.
- Female Mastiffs OFA Clear of Hip and Elbow Dysplasia
- Female Mastiffs that have appeared in both the OFA hip and OFA elbow
lists published by the AKC and/or MCOA.
- Male Mastiffs OFA Clear of Hip and Elbow Dysplasia
- Male mastiffs that have appeared in both the OFA and OFEL
lists published by the AKC and/or MCOA.
- Male Mastiffs Listed in AKC Stud Books 1/01 to 6/01 Updated 9/9/01
- A mastiff appears in the AKC Stud Book only once, after a
litter produced by the mastiff is registered.
[7/00 to 12/00]
[1/00 to 6/00]
[7/99 to 12/99]
[1/99 to 6/99]
[7/98 to 12/98]
[1/98 to 6/98]
[7/97 to 12/97]
[1/97 to 6/97]
[7/96 to 12/96]
[1/96 to 6/96]
[7/95 to 12/95]
[1/95 to 6/95]
- Mastiff Stud Dog Statistics Updated 8/11/01.
- AKC Standard
- Hindquarters Illustrated
- Mastiff Books and Publications
Links to other Mastiff pages
- Mastiffs Issued a CHIC Certificate in 2003 and 2004
- You can now see CHIC information at the OFA OFA web site.
- Goya and his fight with Coonhound Paralysis
- A touching and informative blog about a mastiff's struggle with Coonhound Paralysis
- A Good Look At Mastiffs
- A collection of stories about mastiff heroes, healers, teachers, and guides.
- Poems and Stories About Mastiffs
- Mastiff Related Products Updated 10/07.
- Links to pages about pedigree program, T-shirts, statues, collectibles.
- Mastiff Web
- Extensive information on mastiffs - temperament, grooming, chat, message board,
photos, history, how to play with a Mastiff, training, size issues,
picture archive (you can add your Mastiff), interactive games.
- Sara, The Shy Mastiff and Mastiff Temperaments
- Gold Coast Mastiffs
- Gorgeous pictures of Mastiffs doing all kinds of things. Also, litter testing tables -
wouldn't it be great if all breeders were able to get their pups tested and
made these public?
- More web pages about mastiffs. Updated 9/16/06.
- Mastiffs On The Internet Updated 7/10/04.
- Dog Infomat - tons of info especially on canine health
- Mastiff Infomat Page
- Open Directory Project
- Dogs, Diet, and Disease:
- An Owner's Guide to Diabetes Mellitus, Pancreatitis, Cushing's Disease, and More
- Author: Caroline Levin, RN
- Copyright 2001, 172 pages, Paperback Item # DV180 Price: $29.95
- From www.dogwise.com for catalog call (800) 776-2665.
- Thunder Phobia
- Thunderstorm Anxiety
- Dogs on the Couch, behavior therapy for training and caring for your dog.
Lachman, L. & Mickadeit, F. 1999, Overland Press, New York
ISBN # 0-87951-922-3
- The Pet Arthritis Resource Center
- Over 100 articles on
treating arthritis and hip dysplasia in pets, the science backing
glucosamine, a review of treatments, a pet arthritis newsletter, and more.
If you have any suggestions to improve this page, send me mail.
Old dogs are the best dogs - in the background Ch. Gold Coasts Marshal Tucker, CGC,TDI
owned by Lisa Nicolello taking a break!